Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The mouse ate it!

I must admit, my own students can be fairly boring with their excuses, if they don't have their homework done. Reasons usually involve missing locker keys, lost sheets, temporary amnesia and a lack of time due to football/rugby/basketball matches (usually of at least five hours duration). However, according to new research in Britain by pixmania.com, teachers hear fifteen homework excuses a week, on average, and it seems, blaming technology is becoming increasingly popular. The top five most popular tech-related reasons for not doing homework are:
  • My computer crashed and I lost it;
  • I finished my homework but then I deleted it by accident;
  • I could not print it out;
  • My internet was down so I could not do any research;
  • I lost my laptop.
Teachers revealed other tech-related excuses including:
  • My dad's computer was hacked by the Russians and they stole my homework;
  • A burglar stole my printed-out homework along with the computer;
  • The PC exploded when our dog went to the toilet on it;
  • I accidentally tipped a bottle of cider over the computer and it broke.
Full article

No comments:

Post a Comment